Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations,

Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Austin, TX

I don't eat McDonalds often. I OD'd on it in China every morning trying to satisfy my craving for a Western style breakfast. But as I mentioned in my HEB review I found some HEB brand HFCS free ketchup today and wanted to try it on some fries.  Good stuff by the way. I'd encourage every ketchup eater to try it. No real difference in taste.

I also ordered a Bacon and Cheese Angus Burger. I had one of these two years ago in the San Diego test market. I was skeptical on trying it again, but I have to say it's a 100% improvement in taste. The ones tested were horrid. There was even a CNBC special on the head McDonald's chef where it was mentioned the Angus Burger was sent back for testing numerous times. I'm sure the disgusting taste is where Jack In the Box got the Anus Burger commercial idea!

Now just because it's a 100% improvement in taste, there's no way I would choose eating at McDonald's over P.Terry's. But it was acceptable for what it was albeit on the dry side. If I was in a hurry again or traveling, I'd probably just grab a McDouble to keep it cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment