Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations,

Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Austin, TX

So, this morning I am watching the Food Network and just as I sit down to dig into my yummy spinach and cheese omelet Tyler Florence starts cooking a Baked Potato Hash Brown that has my salivary glands turning cart-wills....

The only place I could think of that I could get Hash Browns with the Pup in tow was McDonald's drive through.  So, I let the pup finish my omelet and excitedly got ready to indulge in some Hash Browns!

I chose this location because it is 2 blocks from Lady Bird Lake, where I had plans for a morning run.

I pull up order and wait less than 5 minutes for the 3 cars in front of me before the 2 Hash Browns are in my hands along with 2 packets of salt and ketchup.

I drove a block away and parked in the Daughtry Arts Center parking lot and savored every bite of my Hash Browns while my pup whimpered and whined to begin the morning adventure or maybe she wanted a bite, I was no way sharing.

The Hash Browns at this location are purrfect! - hot and crunchy on the outside with a nice non-soggy texture on the inside (if you have ever had a hash brown where they did not wring out all the liquid you know what I am talking about).  I sprinkled  some salt on one and poured some ketchup on the other.  The Hash Browns were so perfectly cooked they really only needed a little salt....

I got home and logged onto http://www.mcdonalds.com to figure out how much damage I had done to my waist line and was pleasantly surprised - the Hash Browns only pack in 150 calories!  I know those 150 calories are not that healthy; but I can run them off in less than 30 minutes......

McDonald's Hash Brown welcome to my weekend morning indulgence list!

1 comment: