Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations,

Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Austin, TX

On the way to the March Against Hate yesterday, my friend Brian and I realized we were starving balls. There was no particular reason we stopped at this McDonald's other than that it was on the way. And I was craving--simply craving--some McNuggets.

It took 20 minutes to finally get to the window. We spent that time bitching at everyone ahead of us to place their order already and move along. "It's not a complicated menu!" "You should already know what you want!" "Oh my God, what is wrong with you people?!"

And I love that once it was our turn, my friend said "Uhhh...Give me a sec." Hypocrite!

I leaned over and said in my best Mira Sorvino: "Do you have a businesswomen's special?
Employee: A what?
Me: You know, like a lunch....for businesswomen?
And right on cue Brian says:
"We're due in Tucson. You know, for a business thing."
Employee: Huh?
Me: Can we just get a No. 1 with a Diet Coke and a 10-piece nugget to go then?

OK, so we had our giggles and we were probably way more amused with that than we should have been.

The employee at the window didn't look a day over 13, and he promptly handed me a Happy Meal Diet Coke. I know I've been using a new anti-aging cream but does it look like I'm old enough to want a Happy Meal? He also couldn't seem to master the skill of putting Diet Coke in a cup. I think the machine was malfunctioning. His manager came over to help and she smiled politely.

We finally got our food and I devoured it in the car. I suppose Big Macs and McNuggets can sometimes only truly be appreciated during a massive hangover. I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment