Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations,

Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Honolulu, HI

Okay, true confession time: Every now and then, I crave, and I mean REALLY CRAVE, Micky-D's food. Whether it's the Big Mac or the quarter pounder with cheese, and those fries, the urge hits, and nothing but the golden arches will satisfy. It's junk food junkie crack! Let me set the scene. Hubby and are driving around and trying to figure out if we should pick up a bento box to take back for dinner, make reservations somewhere, or drop at the JW KoOlina bar. He's thinking nothing is amiss, and we will come to a reasonable decision. All of a sudden, as if a full moon is rising, I turn into that MacD-banshee. "Honey, we gotta find a McDonalds NOW!" And I do mean, NOW. Nothing will satisfy this primal need for grease - not malasada, not manapua, no shave ice, no garlic chicken, no macaroni salad...I MUST HAVE McDonalds. Now, Murphy's law kicks in. How many golden arches have we seen during our drives on the island, and now, we can't seem to find a single one. It's as if they were sucked up into the earth. Definitely feeling like bad karma setting in...and we didn't take any lava rocks or walk through a sacred heia. Finally, after driving to the end of the strip, we find the arches. Now, parking...This banshee is desperate, and has Hubby drop her off and tells him to park and come back. This McDonald's is pretty ordinary, and they have all the usual stuff plus SAIMIN! Okay, the visions of burgers drift away, and I am pretty sure I want the McSaimin! Hubby comes in, and rolling his eyes, orders his usual Big Mac combo, but I go for the saimin. You know what: It's pretty darn good. I am sated, and the banshee goes back into remission (sorta like the werewolf transforming back to human form). Now, the only problem with this is: what happens when we return to the states, and not only do I have the craving hit, but it is for McSaimin? I'm doomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment