Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations,

Yelp Users' Reviews of Various McDonald's Locations.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Rochester, NM


I recently visited this McDonald's to try the often lauded but illusive McRib.

While it was tastier than anticipated, it is hardly worth the cult-like status it has earned thanks to its ephemeral nature. The tangy, sweet sauce overpowers all tastes, with the onions and pickles becoming mere hints. The patty, which McDonald's states is processed pork shoulder, but vegans claim to be the shredded heart, intestine, stomach and anus of the pig that played "Babe," is nearly tasteless. It seems like a pork scented sauce delivery vehicle.

Though I was not blown-away by the taste, I found myself immediately craving another. Several days later, the thought of one still makes me salivate. It's quite odd.

At $2.79, the McRib seems like it sports a very healthy profit margin for McDonald's. I regret that I am not a shareholder.

As for this McDonald's location, the drive-through was the busiest that I have witnessed at 6 PM in this city. It is exclusively staffed by the high school-aged, and it is reasonably quick and efficient. I was not particularly impressed by the service I received, but found the choreographed ballet of the ten or so staff members packed into the drive-through window area fascinating. My fellow counter customers and I also experienced rather long wait times for our food.

Almost all routes out of Rochester will take you past another McDonald's. Consider them over this location for the sake of simple expediency.

No comments:

Post a Comment